7/13/09

Prompt # 1 - Summer - Madeline Hollander - "The Deer Follower"

Photobucket
Photobucket

The Deer Followers
While walking up a trail in the Berkeley Hills I came across two men wearing black suits, shiny black leather shoes, and sunglasses. At first glance I thought that they were overdressed land-surveyers, and then noticed that they were following a pair of deer grazing on the hillside. For almost an hour I followed these men as they cautiously crept up to the deer to take photos. Each time, upon seeing the men approach, the deer would run further up the hill, and then the men would follow. The men got so hot from repeatedly running up the hill that they had to take off their black coats. These are the images I took while following the two men photographing the two deer. Unlike the deer, neither man ever acknowledged my presence despite how close I got to the scene. Then I realized that I never turned around to look to see if anyone was following me...perhaps somewhere there exist photographs of me photographing the men photographing the deer.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

spardo@iratepandaboss.com

spardo@iratepandaboss.com